Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
February 25th - March 4th, 2024
Lake Atitlan is a magical, 50 square mile, crater lake located in south-east Guatemala. Surrounded by majestic volcanoes and cultural Mayan villages, it is the perfect place to disconnect, explore, and open your heart and perspective to what could be.
The climate is also perfection. During our stay, daytime highs average a comfortable 75 – 80 degrees. Evenings are cooler, with temperatures in the low 60’s / high 50’s, perfect for sleeping. At a mile high in altitude, warm days of swimming and exploring are followed by cool nights in flannels by the fire, or relaxing in the wood-fired sauna & hot tub.
There are tons of outdoor activities available from volcano hiking, to sunrise kayak and stand-up paddleboarding, to horseback mountain rides and zip lining tours, there’s ample opportunity to connect with and enjoy this incredible land.
When you aren’t immersing yourself in nature, there’s plenty of Mayan Culture to soak in! Lake Atitlan is surrounded by several towns, each unique and worth exploring. Don’t miss out on textile shopping in San Juan, the people watching in Panajachel, cliff diving in San Marcos or the restaurant and bar scene in San Pedro.
This retreat will be all inclusive of:
- 7 nights / 8 days in Guatemala, including:
*6 nights, 7 days lodging at Lomas de Tzununa, located right on beautiful Lake Atitlan
*1 night’s lodging, dinner and breakfast in the beautiful, colonial city of Antigua
- 3 fresh and delicious locally sourced meals daily, plus unlimited tea, coffee and filtered water. Plentiful vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free options available!
- Round-trip transfers to and from Guatemala City (GUA) if you adhere to our flight parameters
- Unlimited use of resort pool and temazcal sauna
- 1 group visit to a Women’s Weaving Cooperative in San Juan la Laguna
- 1 guided hike to San Marcos and entrance to Cerro Tzankujil Nature Reserve where we will enjoy lunch and spend the afternoon lounging lakeside and cliff jumping (if you dare!), and exploring the town
- Twice daily yoga programming with yours truly: vigorous practice in the am, restorative yoga + meditation in the pm
7:30am – Coffee and Fruit out
8am – Morning Class
930am – Breakfast
AFTERNOON: Group excursions or options to kayak/SUP, visit a town, book horseback riding, ziplining, take a cooking class, or just relax!
2pm – Lunch
5pm – Evening Restorative/Meditation Class
7pm – Dinner
About your stay
Lomas de Tzununa is a lakefront lodge with the most spectacular views.
The accommodations include a restaurant with a full service bar, a gorgeous indoor practice space equipped with high quality yoga mats and props, and common areas on the property that are all comfortable, bright, clean and spacious. There are beautiful vistas of the lake all around!
For rooms, we have 14 rooms: 12 which sleep 1-2 people in each, and 2 which sleep up to 3 people in each. 10 of these rooms feature private bathrooms with hot water showers, and private decks with sliding glass doors and chairs for relaxing, and 4 of these rooms feature shared bathrooms with hot water showers. All rooms have ample closet / storage space and incredible lake views.
Most of your time at Lomas will be spent between their on-premise restaurant and dining area, sundeck with infinity swimming pool, or at one of their peaceful lounge or garden areas – all perfect for socializing and relaxation. There is also a newly built temazcal sauna that holds up to 7 people at once, perfect for enjoying during the cooler mornings and evenings at the lake.
Interested? Join our list! We will send more info soon.
I look forward to hearing from you!